Main Office – 01283 384532
Website Privacy notice (Updated May 2018)
Mark Jordan Driving collects and processes your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice. This notice provides you with information regarding our obligations and your rights in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Mark Jordan Driving is owned and run by Mark Jordan, whose registered office is at 11 Fairfields, Branston, Burton on Trent. DE14 3PE
Information That We Collect From You
We will collect data directly from you (the customer) during telephone conversations, from email, text messaging, website chat box or from your parent or anyone else that you give permission to provide such information required to book driving lessons and form a contract with us. We may also collect payment data from telephone conversations, BACS transfers or from our website ecommerce facility.
How we use your personal data
- We use your personal data to provide our services or products to you. We may also use Customer Data to telephone, text, email and send you postal (direct mail), to ensure you are fully aware of our terms and conditions, booking confirmation and any other information we deem necessary to fulfil our contract with you.
- Our driving instructors may use driving lesson recording devices, like dashcams or similar video recording devices that are utilised to enhance your training experience. The data and footage captured may also be used as evidence in the event of an insurance claim or police investigation.
- We use franchised driving instructors to provide you with driving lessons. Your personal data such as name, address and phone number will be passed to the driving instructor that has been allocated to provide your driving lessons. They will also receive information regarding payments made but this will not include any card details unless you choose to make a payment to them direct.
- All of our franchisees have completed GDPR training and signed a letter of compliance for your protection.
- Upon the successful passing of your practical driving test, it’s our standard operating practice to request a photograph that we can place on our website and social media such as Facebook and Google My Business for marketing purposes. It is your absolute right to refuse or consent to having a photo taken and for its use as part of our marketing strategy.
We respect your privacy at all times. Your information will never be disclosed or shared with others without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Sharing or Disclosing Your Personal Data
Whilst we will never disclose or share your data with others without your consent, we use third party processors to provide our services; these companies will process or store your information on our behalf.
We use the following third parties:
- We ensure all processors acting on our behalf act in accordance with this privacy notice. Links To Other Sites
Under GDPR you have the right to access personal information that Mark Jordan Driving processes about you.
You can request from us information about –
- The personal data we hold about you
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The purposes of the processing
- Details to whom your personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we retain your personal data
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You may also request from us the following-
- That we update any incomplete or inaccurate data about you
- Request that we delete your personal data in accordance with GDPR
You may request we action your rights by contacting us at 95 Midway Road Midway Swadlincote Derbyshire DE11 7PG 01283 217928 Or by emailing us at [email protected]
To ensure your data is protected, if we receive a request from you to exercise your rights, we will ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request.
Your personal data may be processed outside the EU by us or the third parties we use. Your personal data may be processed in the following countries.
- We use Siteground to host our website. For more information about Siteground https://www.siteground.co.uk/privacy.htm
The suppliers noted above are all part of the EU – US Privacy Shield and are GDPR Compliant
Where these transfers take place, we will ensure the same high standard of protection for your personal data at all times.
Security & Safeguarding Measures
All personal data collected is transferred and stored securely, using industry standard encryption protocols, and approved transfer mechanisms. Please note however, that we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will guarantee the security of the information.
Our team is trained on the importance of Privacy and Data Protection and will adhere to our internal policies.
How Long We Retain Your Data
Mark Jordan Driving only retains personal information for as long as is necessary. For further details on our data retention periods please contact us.
What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which recordshow you move your way around awebsite so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics]
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.